Just like any appliance or moving part in your home, garage doors need servicing. You may not be sure how often this type of serving is required. Garage door servicing should be done once a year and as needed throughout the year if you notice anything unusual. Here are some things you should be watching for to see if you need garage door servicing:
- Your Garage Can Open Manually– If you have your keypad and remote set up and the motor is plugged in, but your garage door can open manually, then there is definitely something wrong and it needs to be serviced.
- Garage Door Will Not Operate– If your garage door will not open or close and you have checked that the motor is plugged in, then it is definitely in need of servicing.
- Trouble Closing or Opening– If you notice that your garage door does not close all the way, then it needs servicing. The same thing goes if it is struggling to open.
- Abnormal Noises– If you hear abnormal and/or loud noises coming from your garage door when it is in operation, it is time for it to be serviced.
- Broken Glass– If your garage door has windows and you notice that any of them are broken, it would be a good idea to check with a professional to see if your garage door has any other damage.
It is a good idea to do monthly checks on your garage on your own. If you notice any of these signs that you need garage door servicing, call us at Access Garage Doors of NoCo. Our professionals will do a thorough job servicing your garage door.