When you walk into your garage and look at your vehicle, you might remember that it is time to have the oil changed or other maintenance completed. What you should also consider is that your garage door needs regular maintenance too. An annual appointment for garage door service is the best way to keep it working as it should and safeguard against potentially dangerous problems. Here’s what is involved in an annual maintenance garage door service.
- Lubrication- There are many moving parts involved that need lubricating regularly, including the lift cables at the bottom bracket button, bearing of the sheaves, lock hardware where surfaces turn or slide, full length of the torsion spring, and steel rollers (not nylon ones).
- Check hinges- Hinges are inspected to be sure they don’t need tightening, straightening, or replacement.
- Check rollers- The rollers are inspected for broken wheels, worn-out bearings, or bent shafts.
- Check door and track supports- Inspect for missing or loose bolts and screws.
- Check extension cables- Be sure they are running properly in the sheaves and that the cable isn’t showing any wear.
- Check track- The track is inspected for any damage or bent areas.
- Check other hardware- Other items will also be checked, including the springs, sheaves, sheave forks, bottom brackets, safety features, and more.
- Adjustments- There are many areas where adjustments might be necessary.
If you would like to schedule garage door service for your South Nashville, Tennessee home, reach out to us at Access Garage Doors of South Nashville. Whether you are having an issue or want an annual maintenance service performed, we are happy to help!