Taking care of your electric garage door opener probably isn’t something that you give much attention to– until your garage door stops opening, that is! Here at Access Garage Doors of Tallahassee, we want to ensure that your garage door works when you need it most. We have a variety of maintenance tips for your electric garage door opener that we would like to share with you.
- Watch your garage door carefully. A garage door is a very heavy door to lift, which is why we have electric garage door openers. Make sure your door is being lifted evenly and without straining your opener.
- Pay attention to sights and sounds in your garage. When you enter or exit the garage, keep the radio off and listen to your electric garage door opener. Does it sound out of the ordinary or like it is struggling? If so, call for a maintenance check.
- Call on experts regularly. You wouldn’t allow your car to go years without an oil change, and you shouldn’t allow your electric garage door opener to go without maintenance, either. Experts like ours are able to ensure that your garage door opener will work smoothly and avoid excessive wear and tear.
- Take note of the weatherstripping before the seasons change. Weatherstripping is the thick, rubbery seal that is under your garage door. Keeping this new will allow your electric garage door opener to operate more easily in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Regularly test your door’s safety features. Most garage doors these days come with safety features that work in conjunction with your electric garage door opener. Place a block of wood under your garage door and push the button to close the door. The door should automatically reverse when it senses that the wood is in the way.
- Recognize your garage door openers limitations. While electric garage door openers can last for many years, upgrades to your door or the age of your opener can be limiting. Recognizing these limitations can help you make the most of your opener.
We hope that this information has been helpful and insightful. Our experts are standing by and waiting to assist you with your electric garage door opener. For more information, please call us today!