Most of us don’t pay much attention to our garage door opener unless it has suddenly stopped working. Garage door servicing should be done on a regular basis even if you are good about lubricating the moving parts of your door. Most companies recommend having your door serviced by a professional at least once a year to make sure that all of the components are working correctly. A typical garage door servicing company will have a checklist of all the parts that need to be maintained on a regular schedule.
- Rollers and Hinges. These components get a lot of wear and tear and need to be checked regularly to make sure they are secure and working correctly.
- Door Balance. If you notice your garage door shifting up and down when halfway closed, this could indicate that your door is out of balance and the torsion spring needs to be adjusted.
- Lubrication. Your garage door may have started making a lot of noise recently. Moving parts need to be lubricated with a non-silicone-based garage door lubricant.
- Weather Seal. If you can see daylight around the edges or have noticed water coming inside your garage when it rains, the seal may have become worn due to moisture or shrinkage and needs to be replaced.
- Grease Gears and Rails. Grease needs to be applied to all of the nylon parts and most importantly, the drive gear.
- Tighten Screws and Bolts. All screws and bolts need to be checked on a regular basis because they have a tendency to loosen up over time or as the temperature fluctuates.
If you are interested in garage door servicing, our technicians have the experience, tools and training to keep your garage door running at its best. Please give us a call at Access Garage Doors of Morristown today!