If your garage door opener seems to be performing the job it was intended to do, even if a little slower or noisier than it used to be, you may be wondering why you would want to consider a garage door engine replacement. Most garage door engine replacement units will last between 10 and 15 years, and with proper maintenance, even 20 years or more. However, as technology has improved over the years, newer models have been developed that come with features that offer improved security, safety and convenience. While there are many new features available, several come standard with most new units.
- Quiet Operation. New models offer belt drive or screw drive technology rather than the old chain drive system and can greatly reduce the amount of noise when opening and closing your garage door.
- Keypad Entry. A keypad can be installed on the exterior of your garage door, which allows you to gain access by simply punching in your code. Some models even offer fingerprint technology, so you don’t need to remember a code.
- Battery backup. This feature powers your opener automatically when the electricity goes out.
- Mobile Device Operation. By simply downloading an app on your phone, you will have the ability to open and close your garage door even when you are not home. You will also be able to see if your garage door is open or closed at any given time, as well as give permission to friends or family members for a specified amount of time. This option even allows you to lock the garage door so that no one can enter.
- Soft Start and Stop. When your opener has the capability to start slowly and end slowly, it can greatly reduce wear and tear on the components.
- Motion Sensors. This feature can prevent children or pets from being injured, and protect objects that may be in the path of the door simply by stopping the door from moving if anything is detected in its path.
Garage door engine replacement may not be at the top of your list, but once you get used to the new technology, you may never want to go back. If you are ready to make the leap, our technicians have the experience, tools and training to get your new garage door running in no time. Please give us a call at Access Garage Doors of Morristown today!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!